A step by step view from behind the scenes!

Click back through two months worth of older posts to see how each step in the production led up to the opening night.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Final curtain means "Strike"!

I was very bittersweet to see this show come to an end. Congratulations to all involved!

Everything must go! In just an hour and a half the cast and crew struck the props, cleaned the dressing rooms and dismantled the decks of the platforms. (I waited until the following day to strike the platforms make of rented scaffolding).

Here the gang attacks the tops of the platforms. They removed the 1/2" thick Plexi-glass panels and removed the wooden framework.



Kris, my lighting assistant, removes the spotlights from under the step units. That's Kit from the chorus helping Kris. Of all the cast of Evita, Kit volunteered the most time after school to help the crew. Thanks Kit!


Here are all the wooden "triscuits" that supported the Plexi-glass. I have no space to store these, so I hope to donate them to the Athletic Department for a pep rally bonfire!


Simran, our student director, shows off the giant tape ball made from all the gaff tape that I used to "paint" the rented scaffolding!


In keeping with tradition, the last thing my crew does at the end of strike is sign the "Crew Wall". This is a secret stairwell in the catwalk where I like to sequester all the student graffiti so that the public areas of the stage stay clean. Here Hayden, my fly crew chief, writes some funny memories about the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment