A step by step view from behind the scenes!

Click back through two months worth of older posts to see how each step in the production led up to the opening night.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Testing Evita's Revoling Door

I constructed a very simple turntable on a rolling wagon. Anna, one of our two Evitas, practices with the door for the first time.


The 3 boys playing Che will be in charge of manually rotating the door. Here, Anna laughs as they whip her around really fast.



Then, as various men exit her room, the door is opened part-way.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am tech directing a Young Frankenstein at my high school here in San Francisco. I was curious about what mechanism you used to turn the turntable. How did the actors do this? This turntable would be perfect for the bookcase scene, since the bookcase revolve is actually on a periaktoi wagon. How did you run it? Thanks. By the way, I am also a 20 year IATSE member here in SF so I've built a lot of scenery before. - Patrick

    ReplyDelete